I should know better. But I don’t…. I procrastinate.
This is why there are no blog posts between 2/2010 and 3/2012….
…my top 10 reasons why…
10. I don’t like the task that needs to be done… you know you can relate. There are just some tasks that I simply don’t like to do – using a fax, using the copier and talking on the phone are my top 3…. oh, but there are others. I promise.
9. I don’t want to deal with the company or person that the task requires… you know that you agree with this…. it’s a bill collector, the IRS (I know that’s redundant with a bill collector), a co-worker that needs the same thing for the millionth time or may other reasons… but, sometimes, I just put off things because I don’t like working with or talking with another person.
8. There are more important things that need to be done…. like checking my twitter feed… Facebook… Words With Friends…
7. I saw a bird outside of my window…. no, really, there’s a really pretty bird outside the window.
6. I went on a run…
5. I like the adrenaline rush that happens at the last minute…. this is the worst, I love the task, want to get it done, but for some reason the real ideas don’t come until the last minute. Oh, how great that feels.
“You may delay, but time will not.” ~Benjamin Franklin